Back in the ancient days of technology, you know, 2 years ago, businesses had to call someone to inform them that there was a problem with their computer or internet connection. They then had to wait for someone to show up to diagnose and fix the problem, if it was possible to fix. This could cost them as little as a half a day of business, to several full days of business lost. We know of more than a few businesses who could not survive that kind of a stall to their cash flow in todayâ€™s fragile economy. They need a proactive network management system.
Thatâ€™s why Gabriel Phoenix Communications has come up with a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year proactive IT management system to ensure your company runs as efficiently as possible. Businesses are continually looking over their IT budgets. Service quality and constant availability are high on the list of demands. The Internet has revolutionized how businesses operate, allowing us the ability to proactively monitor your network's critical devices and predict potential failures before they occur. In their article entitled; â€œThe Benefits of Network Monitoring,â€ Coyote Creek Consulting offered the following as examples of benefits of proactive IT management;
Network Monitoring canâ€¦
- Proactively Warn You of Problems. With proactive network monitoring your IT department can be alerted to issues before they turn into serious problems and down time. If monitoring was in place in the example above the System Administrator could have added disk space or removed older files prior to the SQL Server going down, resolved Exchange data corruption before the email server went down, and updated hotfixes on the web server to prevent hacking before it occurred.
- Track Your Networkâ€™s Growth. Network monitoring can also assist you with gathering data to keep track of your networkâ€™s growth. Chances are a lot has changed with your network over the past several years. New Servers have come online; perhaps youâ€™ve added a new wireless network, more workstations and printers, and so forth. All of this can add to network traffic loads, leading to overtaxed network connections and possible growth issues. Network monitoring allows you to know what you have and how itâ€™s being used, so you can proactively look to resolve problems before they start.
- Help with Capacity Planning. Network monitoring allows you to track how much disc space and network bandwidth youâ€™re using, enabling you to do capacity planning based on your usage trends. The result: you can proactively plan and budget for your future systems needs.
- Meet Service Level Agreements. Is your department or company is required to meet a Service Level Agreement with a specific percentage of uptime on your network and network resources? If so, monitoring these things ensures that you are indeed meeting the requirements.
24/7/365 Proactive Network Monitoring Never Sleeps
- Monitors the critical health status of devices and line of business applications
- Remotely diagnoses problems before they occur
- Restarts essential Services automatically
- Capacity planning reports for informed IT purchasing and budget decisions
- Minimize network and device downtime that causes lost productivity
- Providing you with one of the highest quality Portland network management systems
According to the company, Axence softwareâ€™s website;
â€œConstant processes of monitoring and alerts in case of potential threat prevent outages and significantly reduce the duration of a breakdown. Permanent control of environmental parameters protects operational processes and IT premises from the consequences of some allied perils (overheating, humidity, fire, flooding, etc.) which can result in device destruction and data loss.
Proactive network monitoring, apart from eliminating emergency situations, also facilitates IT infrastructure management and development.â€ With our highly vigilant and skilled team of experts keeping an eye on your IT system, you can sleep soundly at night knowing your company has the right team providing you with the best in Portland network management services.